A nylon stain-resist carpet is made with two protective properties: The first is an acid dye blocker that is basically a clear dye that fills the extra dye sites in a fiber. This help to keep “foreign” dyes (such as red dye in a beverage) from penetrating the carpet fiber. The second property is called a “fluorochemical”. It is commonly known as 3M Scotchgard. These help keep spillage from actually getting to the acid dye blocker. But their biggest job is to resist dry soil. By resisting dry soil, less soil bonds to the carpet and is consequently picked up by your vacuum.
5 Reasons to ALWAYS get carpet protector:
- Reduce permanent stains. A great looking carpet can be ruined by an ugly spot. Unprotected carpet doesn’t repel spillage as well as protected carpet. Being able to remove spots and spills more effectively helps you avoid permanent staining.
- Help save traffic areas from being destroyed. Traffic area soil is very abrasive and cuts carpet yarns like a knife. This damaging soil can easily be bond to an unprotected carpet. By applying protector you will increase the life of your carpet dramatically. When you vacuum your protected carpet, the soils will release from the carpet pile much more effectively.
- Makes spots easier to remove. The easier a spot is to remove, the less cleaner you will have to use, less agitation you will have to use, and less time it will take. Many spots can be removed easily with just water.
- Your next professional carpet cleaning is more effective. Having protector applied to your carpet will enhance your next cleaning. More soil will be removed the next time your carpeting is professionally cleaned.
- Avoid service calls. Although you want to call us our to handle any spot you can not remove immediately, carpet protector helps you remove more spots than you could without protector. You may be able to save service charge by removing it yourself. Having protector applied will make it look better and last longer.