Tile, Grout & Stone Cleaning & Sealing
We clean all types of tile and stone. However, the biggest challenge related to cleaning these surfaces successfully is the grout.
There are many types of grout found in today’s homes and businesses. The type of flooring material usually determines the type of grout used.
The most common grout used for man-made tiles is sanded grout. Sanded grout contains a mixture of Portland cement and sand. The sand helps to prevent the grout from shrinking as it cures and makes the grout more stable and durable. Sanded grout is typically used for grout lines that are 3/16” or wider and should be sealed.
Often referred to as wall grout, is commonly used with natural stone flooring. There are two reasons for this. First, as grout wears, particles of sand could scratch and abrade stone surfaces. Second, the unsanded grout is better suited to filling narrow grout lines, usually smaller than 1/8”, found in stone installations. Like sanded grout, unsanded grout should be sealed.
Although not common, resists staining, water, and soil. It is typically found in bathrooms and kitchens: areas that are regularly exposed to extreme conditions such as temperature changes, moisture, and staining. Epoxy grout can be identified by a plastic-like appearance that is frequently rounded on top. Note: Cementitious grout with epoxy added is not the same as epoxy grout.
Over time, all grout in tiled floors attracts dirt and grime that builds up and leaves tile and grout lines looking dark and dirty. When daily cleaning procedures fail to remove the built-up dirt, special tile and grout cleaning products and procedures should be used.
Nesheim’s offers a full selection of tile and grout cleaning solutions that can power through the grimiest grout lines to reveal the beautiful grout color underneath. These grout cleaning formulas are tough on dirt, soap scum, hard water deposits, and other soiling commonly found on tile and grout.
Once the tile and grout have been effectively cleaned, our technician’s will help to seal the grout from future wear and grime build-up.
Your initial inspection of a job should include examining the grout. Cracks may be present due to movement of the substrate, installation and mixing issues, or in rare instances the quality of the grout itself. Sections of grout that have broken loose due to these cracks can be blasted out by high-pressure cleaning and vacuuming. Clients should be advised of this possibility.
Natural Stone Cleaning & Sealing
Natural stones such as marble and granite remain a perennially popular choice among homeowners. The natural beauty of stone lends a timeless elegance to any home.
Nesheim’s technicians are adept at caring for solid stone as well as stone tiles both indoors and outdoors. Whether you are looking for marble cleaning for a countertop or would like to clean outdoor travertine tiles, Nesheim’s has you covered.
Though many types of stone are stain and scratch resistant, all types of stone will eventually need some care to continue looking as beautiful as the day it was installed.
Even sturdy granite can need special cleaning to look its best. Nesheim’s safe and effective stone cleaning process will give your natural stone the care it deserves.
Even though we continue to clean all types of natural stone, our technicians are also qualified to seal the grout around the natural stone.
When you make an appointment, our team members will arrive at your home and complete a detailed in-home inspection of your home's stone surfaces and create a custom cleaning plan for your stone.
- Pre-Inspection: Technicians will make note of all challenging areas and set your expectations as well as come up with a solution for each area.
- Area Preparation: We will prepare the areas surrounding the tile, making sure not to disturb any carpeted or hardwood floors. At this point all furniture that will be cleaned under is moved.
- Dry soil removal: Our technicians thoroughly sweep and vacuum the entire area, maximizing the results we obtain. As in any cleaning process, dry soil removal is the most important.
- Soil Suspension: We use the highest quality products. The cleaning agent sprayed over the entire surface of your tile is the most scientifically advanced tile cleaner on the market.
- Cleaning: Complex and difficult areas are agitated manually with a brush and for really challenging heavy use areas, a mechanical rotating brush is employed. The entire floor is then cleaned using a state of the art self-contained pressure cleaning system known as the SX-12 floor cleaning tool.
- Rinsing: A rinse solution is pumped through the machine during cleaning, sanitizing and balancing the pH of your floor at
- Sealing/Finishing: The type of sealer and application varies on what surface it is being applied to.
- Post-inspection: Technicians will initiate a walk through and go over results before leaving.
Nesheim's has a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our work. We are fully insured and only utilize background checked employees. Our quality is why we have won the Boulder County Gold Peoples Choice award for 20 consecutive years. We proudly service Boulder County, Broomfield County and most of the North Denver Metro
1212 Commerce Ct
Lafayette, CO 80026