Area & Oriental Rug Washing
In-Plant Rug Cleaning is recommended for Oriental Rugs and loose woven rugs. Nesheim’s cares for the finest to the most basic rugs from around the world. We will pick your rug up and bring it to our special cleaning plant where it will receive our very thorough 14-Step Cleaning System to get maximum soil and spot removal. Having your rug cleaned in our plant allows us to give it several treatments for a more thorough cleaning, controlled drying, and the use of various tools that are not available on location. Our cleaning technicians will inspect the rug for any damage or potential damage.
14 Step Process
- Pre-Inspection and Pick Up
- Pre-Test: We will pre-test color fastness of all rug colors for any signs of fugitive dyes (bleeding).
- Dusting: Most of the sand and dust will be removed using our special dust removing system.
- Vacuum: Face yarns are vacuumed to remove nearly all of the dry soil.
- Pre-Condition: The rugs are pre-conditioned with special cleaning compounds designed specifically for your particular rug.
- Cleaning: We employ either shampoo, extraction or low moisture cleaning depending on style, structure and dye stability of the rug.
- Encapsulation: It helps to soften fibers and makes colors more vibrant. Also helps for future soil removal when vacuuming.
- Fringes: Fringes are cleaned and groomed by hand.
- Rinsing: Once the rug has been cleaned and the remaining soil has been loosened, the rug is completely flushed with cool water removing the soil and cleaning solution.
- Post Grooming: The rug pile is set in one direction (using a special nap brush) for faster drying and visual appeal.
- Dry Rug: Rugs are placed into a large spinning rotational machine while cold water in injected to remove excess cleaners and residues that may be left behind during the cleaning process. The rug is then placed into a special drying area to dry quickly and safely.
- Post Spot Treatment: After the rug is dried, it is inspected and a final touch up is performed.
- Stain Protection: Stain protector can be applied at an additional cost.
- Packaging: After a final inspection, the rug is wrapped in paper awaiting pickup or delivery.
Nesheim's has a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our work. We are fully insured and only utilize background checked employees. Our quality is why we have won the Boulder County Gold Peoples Choice award for 20 consecutive years. We proudly service Boulder County, Broomfield County and most of the North Denver Metro
1212 Commerce Ct
Lafayette, CO 80026