Hardwood Floor Cleaning & Recoating
Nesheim’s can clean and re-coat your hardwood floor with a dust free process. This maintenance process is designed to help you avoid the dust storm that comes with sanding.
This process will not restore areas that have been damaged from water or areas worn from loss of polyurethane or deep scratches. It will, however, restore small scratches and add an additional layer of the latest generation of water-based finishing technology. This product is specially formulated for heavy traffic on commercial and residential hardwood floors. It provides unmatched durability among such environmentally friendly floor finishes.
7-Step Re-Coating Process
- Pre-Inspection: We first determine if the floor contains any wax, oily residue, or other contaminants which may affect the adhesion of a new finish. We also find out if a re-coating system can restore floors, or if a more aggressive method is needed.
- Area Preparation: We will prepare the areas surrounding the wood, making sure not to disturb any other connecting floor types. At this point all furniture that will be cleaned under is moved.
- Dry Soil Removal: Our technicians thoroughly sweep and vacuum the entire area, maximizing the results we obtain. As in any cleaning process, dry soil removal is most important.
- Cleaning: The cleaning process includes multiple applications of cleaning solutions with state-of-the-art equipment which PRODUCES NO DUST WHATSOEVER! Surface accumulations of common household pollutants such as food residues or pet oils are removed without abrading your floor to expose any bare wood.
- Re-Coating: The existing finish on the floor is then chemically etched and recoated with environmentally friendly, non-flammable, waterborne polyurethane. This finish is formulated for heavy residential or commercial traffic and dries overnight.
- Drying: After re-coating the floor, we speed dry it with high velocity air movers.
- Post-inspection: Technicians will initiate a walk through and go over results before leaving.
Care For Your Wood Floors
The following cleaning and maintenance tips apply to wood floors sealed and finished with a clear protective coating such as polyurethane or factory pre-finished UV coatings.
General cleaning of wood floor is recommended once every 1-2 weeks. Floors subject to heavy traffic should be cleaned on a more frequent basis. For easy, safe maintenance of your wood floor, we recommend a Hardwood Floor Cleaning Kit. Most kits contain a specially designed mop, a 32 or 24oz Hardwood Floor Cleaning, and a washable terry cloth mop cover. This kit may be purchased from Nesheim’s.
Follow these instructions…
Vacuum or sweep
Always vacuum or sweep to remove dirt and any grit prior to cleaning your wood floors.
Lightly mist a 6′ x 6′ area of your wood floor, or directly mist the mop’s terry cloth cover.
Using a back and forth motion, clean the floor surfaces with your mop or clean terry cloth. Finish an area before moving on to the next. The mop’s low profile and easy-to-maneuver swivel-head makes it a perfect cleaning tool for hard-to-reach areas such as under furniture and cabinets, around doors, or in tight corners. When your terry cloth cover becomes soiled, replace it with a clean one. Continued use of excessively soiled covers may cause streaking. Most of the terry cloths in today’s market are reusable. Simply wash and dry them as you would any towel. When a spill occurs, soak up the liquid promptly. Mist the affected area with Hardwood Floor Cleaner and wipe with a mop or a clean, soft cloth.